FAQ About Donating to the Crop Trust
Is my donation tax-deductible?
We can provide tax-deductible donation receipts only for taxpayers in Germany and in the United States
- If you are based in the United States, your donation is directed to Friends of Global Crop Diversity, Ltd which is a US-based charitable organization dedicated to furthering the mission of the Crop Trust. Friends of Global Crop Diversity, Ltd is a registered 501(c)(3) entity and tax-deductible donation receipts are only made available to taxpayers in the United States.
- If you are based in Germany, your donation is directed to the Crop Trust Foundation gGmbH, which is a German charitable organization that supports the mission of the Crop Trust. Crop Trust Foundation gGmbH is a registered charity in Germany and tax-deductible donation receipts are only made available to taxpayers in Germany.
Unfortunately, donations from other countries are not tax-deductible.
How can I learn more about the Crop Trust's mission?
- You can discover the impact of Crop Trust's work on crop diversity by exploring our latest Annual Report. See how your support helps us safeguard crop diversity forever by learning about our work and projects.
- But why stop there? Join our mailing list and follow us on social media (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube and Twitter) to stay up-to-date on our efforts to save crop diversity.
What will my donation be used for?
Your generous donation will make a significant difference in the Crop Trust’s global efforts to conserve crop diversity. We will direct your contribution to where it's needed most, ensuring that we can continue our vital work of safeguarding the world's crop diversity for future generations.
How can I best support the Crop Trust and its mission?
- We appreciate all one-time donations, but monthly giving is the most effective way to support our mission of conserving crop diversity. Consistent and long-term support is crucial to our work.
- In addition to monthly giving, there are other ways to support the Crop Trust and our mission, such as buying the Catan: Crop Trust game scenario. Your support in any form is invaluable to us and greatly appreciated.
How can I change or cancel my monthly and/or annual donation?
If you wish to change or cancel your donation, please contact the Crop Trust. You can reach us by phone at +49 228 85427122, Monday through Friday, 9 AM to 5 PM CET, or by using this online form.
Do you accept anonymous donations?
No, we do not accept anonymous donations. We are committed to operating under the best-practices of the “Know Your Donor” protocol which requires us to conduct donor due diligence. This is to ensure transparency and integrity so that the resources are not misused for financial crimes.
Why do you require so many personal details when donating online?
We understand you might have concerns about privacy and the mandatory fields in the online donation form.
We want to assure you that we highly value your personal information and do not engage in any practices of sharing, swapping, or selling it. The purpose of collecting your contact information is to facilitate the donation process, to provide you with a receipt, reach out to you if needed, for instance, if a receipt is returned to us, as well as to ensure transparency and integrity in accepting donations.
We take your privacy seriously and want to ensure that your donation experience is both secure and transparent.