GLF Biodiversity Digital Conference: One World - One Health
October 28 - 29, 2020
Human transformation of Earth’s landscapes is driving biodiversity loss, climate change and the emergence of pandemics such as COVID-19, which is a stark reminder of the links between human, animal and environmental health. As the world prepares to ‘build back better’, new approaches are coming to the fore as a way of balancing competing land use demands, conserving the biodiversity and restoring planetary, and human, health.
Crop Trust & Food Forever Sessions
Side Session - 28 October 2020, 16:00-17:30 CEST
- Charlotte Lusty, Crop Trust
- Desterio Nyamongo, KALRO
- Lavernee Gueco, University of the Philippines - Los Banos
- Vania Azevedo, ICRISAT
Lightning talk by Nelissa Jamora, Crop Trust
- Filippo Bassi, ICARDA
- Alejandro Argumedo, International Network of Mountain Indigenous Peoples (INMIP)
- Maria Andrade, CIP
- Shivali Sharma, ICRISAT
Lightning talk by Maarten van Zonneveld, World Vegetable Center
Launch of the Chefs' Manifesto Podcast, with Paul Newnham, SDG2 Advocacy Hub.
Plenary Session - 28 October 2020, 20:15-21:00 CEST
- Danielle Nierenberg, Food Tank
- Kent Nnadozie, International Plant Treaty - FAO
- Susan Bragdon, Oxfam Novib
- Mildred Crawford, Caribbean Network of Rural Women Producers
- HE Mercedes Araoz, former Vice President of Peru
- Pablo Vargas, Britt
Lightning talks by Sir Peter Crane, Oak Spring Garden Foundation, and Marie Haga, IFAD.
Plenary - 29 October 2020, 14:30-15:15 CEST
Thought leaders in biodiversity: Building trust in the future
Speech by Stefan Schmitz, Crop Trust Executive Director
Join us online on 28-29 October to learn how scientists, environmental practitioners, policymakers, banks, private corporations, Indigenous Peoples, local communities can “build back better” to restore the Earth.