The Donors’ Council functions as a forum for the Crop Trust’s donors to express their views on the organization’s activities and operations.
The Donors’ Council of the Crop Trust was established in 2005 and consists of public and private donors who have made a sizable contribution to the Crop Trust.
The Council acts as an innovative mechanism to bring government donors, foundations and private companies together in a genuine public-private partnership with shared interest in the Crop Trust. The Donors’ Council reports to the Executive Board.
For a nation to be a member of the Donors’ Council, it needs to contribute at least USD 25,000 in support of the Crop Trust. For non-governmental donors such as private corporations, contributions of more than USD 250,000 are required for representation on the Donors’ Council.
Meetings of the Donors’ Council are convened twice a year. The Donors’ Council appoints its chairperson who submits a summary report to the Executive Board.
The Donors' Council is currently chaired by the Republic of Korea. In 2021, Dr. Taek-Ryoun Kwon succeeded Ambassador Hans Hoogeveen as Chair of the Donors’ Council.
Current Donors’ Council Members are:
- Australia (AusAID)
- Brazil (EMBRAPA)
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation/UN Foundation
- Bundesverband Deutscher Pflanzenzuechter (BDP)
- Canada (CIDA)
- CGIAR Centres
- CropLife International
- Czech Republic
- DG INTPA – European Commission
- European Commission
- DuPont/Pioneer Hi-Bred
- Egypt (Ministry of Agriculture)
- Gates Foundation
- Gatsby Charitable Foundation
- Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation
- Gordon J. Hammersley Foundation
- Grains Research and Development Corporation
- India (Ministry of Agriculture)
- International Seed Federation
- Ireland (Irish Aid)
- Italy (Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
- KWS SAAT AG
- Lillian Goldman Charitable Trust
- Netherlands (Ministry of Economic Affairs, Agriculture, and Innovation)
- New Zealand (Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry)
- Norway (Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
- Republic of Korea
- Rockefeller Foundation
- Slovak Republic
- Sweden (Sida)
- Switzerland (SDC)
- Syngenta AG
- Syngenta Foundation for Sustainable Agriculture
- United Kingdom
- United Nations Foundation
- United States of America (USAID)
Donors' Council 9th Summary Report (640 kB)